VTuber is an entire community that is marking its presence on different streaming platforms. But still many people are in the dark as to what this is and why is it making headways. This guide here will show you all that there is to be a VTuber. And if you aspire to become one in the near future, we recommend you check this out. We will provide you with the insights you will need.
What is a VTuber?
On the basis of definition, a VTuber is a Virtual YouTuber who uses virtual avatars generated through computers. While this term does derive from ‘Virtual YouTuber’, they are entertainers on several streaming platforms.
While the concept has been around in Japan since the mid-2010s, the first actual person to use the term Virtual YouTuber was in 2016. A YouTuber named Kizuna AI started creating content with this concept.
Virtual YouTubers use 2D avatars, majorly Anime characters, and use them as the center point of their streams. Instead of the YouTubers themselves, they display the anime character using real-time motion capture software or technology. Along with that comes the voiceover which is used in the stream or video.
Why are Vtubers Famous?
Virtual YouTubers as a concept blasted after Kizuna AI first used it. While it went viral in Japan, many agencies started coming forward to promote this concept further. Soon the concept was trending all around the world and people started streaming on other platforms as well.
There might be three reasons why the concept of VTuber is famous:
- Role Play
And while there could be other reasons, these are the major reasons that made this concept sound appealing.
How to Become a VTuber
Although the concept is very appealing and gaining popularity, it is not an easy one to partake in. However, since you aspire to be one, here’s what you need to become a VTuber:
- First and foremost, you will need to script what your character will look like.
- After that, you will need to either a create or outsource a Model Art and Live2D Rig which will be the character that will be displayed.
- There are a number of sources that you can find on Twitter and Discord for this. However, we recommend you do not rush into it and take your time. Also, do read their Terms and Conditions carefully before using your money.
- Now that your character is alive, you need to add real-time motion to it. To do this, you will need Face Tracking software. With a plethora of them available, you can experiment to see what suits you.
- Lastly, you will have to simply add this to your OBS setup while you stream on the platform that you so often do.
- Additionally, for videos you will have to add the voiceover after the real-time is ready.
That’s all there is on What is a VTuber and how to become one. While you are here, do not miss out on our Guides at Gamer Tweak.