Minecraft is an amazing Sandbox game that brings the 2D Pixels aesthetic to a 3D game. You can play in Singleplayer and create magnificent builds like Monuments, various Realms, Redstone Machines, etc. Apart from building structures, players can also enjoy the Survival side of the game. In the game, you can tame animals and make them your Pets. One scuch animal is the Ocelot. In this guide, I will show you how to Tame an Ocelot in Minecraft 1.19.
How To Tame An Ocelot In Minecraft 1.19 (2022)
An Ocelot is a wild Feline Creature Mob in Minecraft. They are similar to Cats from the game but behave differently. You can find an Ocelot in any Jungle Biome. Cats on the other hand are found in Villages. Like a Cat, to tame an Ocelot in Minecraft, you will need to feed it Fish. Any Fish will do as long as it’s Raw like Raw Cod or Raw Salmon. Ocelots are shy creatures and will run away from the player. As such, you will have to Sneak behind them. Here is what you should do:
- Carry at least more than 20 Fish on you.
- Find an Ocelot in a Jungle Biome.
- Once you find one, Sneak behind it.
- You can use the Swift Sneak Enchantment to make the process a bit faster.
- Do not make any sudden or quick moves near it or it will run away
- At one point the Ocelot will find you interesting and will approach you.
- Once it is close enough, feed the Fish to it.
- This will Tame the Ocelot in Minecraft.
Once you see the Hearts, the Ocelot is yours. Although they are tamed, they do not behave like Tamed Animals. Instead, they will only trust you and will roam around with you. You will need a Lead to get it anywhere. They are good to keep for a few reasons, i.e. Protection from Creepers & Phantoms. Do be careful keeping them near Chickens & Baby Turtles as they will attack them.
If you want a visual aid then check out the video below from our Website for Taming Ocelots.
This was all about how to Tame an Ocelot in Minecraft 1.19. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out our other guides like How To Tame An Allay in Minecraft.