Draconic Tree Sentinel is a mini-boss in Elden Ring, that you need to beat to get to the Leyndell Royal Capital. But while you can find it in Capital Outskirts, you can also find it at Crumbling Farum Azula. Upon defeat, it gives you a good amount of Runes and can even drop Dragon Greatclaw and Dragonclaw Shield. So in this guide let us check how to defeat the Draconic Tree Sentinel in Elden Ring.
How to Beat Draconic Tree Sentinel in Elden Ring
You can beat Draconic Tree Sentinel by attacking it while it prepares its attacks. And dodge any attacks that it uses against you. Its moveset comprises of the following attacks:
- Horse Stomp: The horse of the Draconic Tree sentinel raises its forelegs to stomp you. This charge takes around a second or two. So you should try going behind the Draconic Tree Sentinel. Once behind strike two or three times at its rear. It will then rush forward to get away from you. If you do attack it from the front while it charges, attack only once to be safe then roll aside. If you are slow, the horse will stomp and crush you.
- Slash attacks: The Draconic Tree Sentinel uses multiple variations of slash attacks. You can dodge them by rolling towards or away from the Draconic Tree Sentinel. Depending on how it swings its club and how far you are from it, you will have to time your dodge. Attack it if you rolled forward and are in the range to land your attacks.
- Fire Breaths: The Draconic Tree Sentinel will breathe multiple columns of fire. The number of these fire attacks depends on how far you are from it. This attack is pretty easy to dodge. All you have to do is roll to either side before it hits you.
- Shield Strike: If you try to attack the Draconic Tree Sentinel from its left side, it will start using its shield. He will swing the shield upwards or to the side. You can dodge this attack by rolling away from it.
- Club smack: It will smack its club on the ground to smash you flat. This attack also releases a shockwave. So if you are close to it during this attack, you get hit by the shockwave even if you dodge the club itself. To dodge it time your roll just before the club hits you or the ground. This will allow you to dodge both the club and its shockwave.
After you bring the Draconic Tree Sentinel to half its health It will charge its club with red lightning. All of its club attacks are the same as in its first phase. There is only one new move in its second phase.
- Lightning Strike: Draconic Tree Sentinel will charge its Shield with the red lightning. It will then direct the attack to the player. A bolt of lightning will fall where the player was last standing. You can dodge this attack by rolling to either side before the lightning strikes.
Keep spamming attacks in the window between the attacks of Draconic Tree Sentinel and the time when it prepares its next attack. This will allow you to chip its health away and eventually defeat it.
That covers this guide on how to defeat the Draconic Tree Sentinel in Elden Ring. If you are on a quest to beat different mini-bosses or other enemies in the game you should check our guides on how to beat Magma Wyrm Makar, Bell Bearing Hunter, and Revenants. And for other things on this game check out our Elden Ring section.